WHM yoga retreat – from 150 euro’s per night, 6 nights/7 days, 900 euro’s total.
This week we will dive into the 3 pilars of the Wim Hof Method. Whilst putting knowledge into action, you learn about the science behind these practices and experience them deeply to benefit you for the rest of your life. Experience this grounding retreat amidst the lagoons on the Kalpitiya peninsula of Sri Lanka. There is enough time to explore the surroundings or to take time to be by yourself.
The 3 Pilars of the Wim Hof Method in a nut shell;
- Breathing: master breathing techniques and learn how to influence your nervous system by manipulating your breath.
- Cold exposure: by exposing yourself to the cold, you train body and mind. You learn how to respond to stress differently, your train your cardio vascular system, you will start building brown fat in your body.
- Mindset/commitment: “Just do it!” Your mind is a powerful tool, learn to master it and with that master your body and your life.
Daily yoga practices will help strengthen our bodies and minds and will augment the effects of the Wim Hof Method. Besides that, different breathing techniques will be taught and we will to a full breath analysis. By changing your breath you can change your life.
If you don’t know the WHM yet; it is backed by a ton of scientific research. The practice is designed to get you in touch with deeper parts of your consciousness; guide the body and mind to release past trauma from your system by utilizing your breath and meditative routine.
What does the daily retreat schedule look like?
07.30 – 09.00 yoga, breath work and meditation
09.00 – 10.30 breakfast & relaxing
10.30 – 13.00 morning classes & adventures
13.00 – 16.00 lunch & relaxing
16.00 – 19.00 afternoon classes & adventures
19.30 dinner & relaxing
During the morning and afternoon classes;
- cold exposure training
- Transformational Breath sessions
- nature hikes
- power breathing
- (guided) meditations
Additionally you receive
- a daily supercharge juice
- 1x our organic handmade soap as a souvenir (to remember us during your future cold showers..)
- …and a welcome Vegan Colada to settle you in!
The basis of your stay will be full board (see pictures in Accomodation);
- all healthy meals provided in our restaurant (feel free to get in touch for catering for diets and food choices); breakfast, lunch, dinner, incl. desserts and a ton of lush fruits.
- all day tea/coffee/water from the restaurant
- all equipment is provided, incl yoga mats and waterbottles (we encourage you to still take your own with you to combat plastic waste! Ask in any ho(s)tel or restaurant for filtered water, everyone uses them.)
- Single occupancy of a bungalow: 160 euro’s per night (960 euro total pp)
- Double occupancy of a bungalow: 150 euro’s per night per person (900 euro total pp)
Available at the camp for free;
- sup and body boards
- weekly beach clean ups
- games, books, movie nights
Available at the camp at extra charge;
- shiatsu massage by our resident team of blind shiatsu masseurs in the spa, read about our collaboration here.
- kiting equipment rentals, individual or group kite classes.
- courses by our sustainability coordinators on how to make your own all-organic sunblocks, soap, after sun, etc. Everything is skin and marine-life friendly.
- Sri Lankan cooking classes, also for specialized diets. Get your curry on!
About your trainers
WHM trainer, Aad Havermans;
Aad has lived many different lives; as a criminal defence laywer to beach bar owner in The Hague in the Netherlands. His path over the past 17 years has been an ongoing quest for inner peace and knowledge. This path led him to finding breathwork as the ultimate tool for healing, feeling and inner peace.
Aad is a certified Wim Hofd Method instructor and a Transformational Breath facilitator and leads retreats worldwide He lives for kiting, surfing, anything outdoor, everything sporty and wild nature adventures.
Yoga trainer, Margriet Hospers;
Margriet (Marge) started her journey on the path of yoga 10 years ago in India, after a car accident left her with brain and spinal damage. Through the deep conviction that our healing powers are locked within ourselves, she started to guide her body and mind back to balance. Her motivation to share yoga is to align individual balance with the earths well-being. This also motivates her work as sustainability coordinator for Kite Surfing Lanka. She joined KSL 2 months ago at the time of writing and shares with us Hatha, Yin, Kundalini and Yoga Therapy, with a focus on alignment for an open posture and healthy breathing.